Tampa/St. Pete Campus Programs
It’s more than learning; it’s a transformative experience—putting you in touch with what’s best in you, and giving you the inspiration and freedom to grow your own way.
- Professional Massage Therapy Program
(750 Clock Hours / 38 Quarter Credits)
Day: 32 weeks / 7 ½ months
Evening: 52 weeks / 12 months
The Cortiva community of schools is passionate about massage therapy and committed to thoroughly preparing students for an exciting career as a professional massage therapist. The Professional Massage Therapy Program provides a well-rounded educational experience, focusing on both the art and science of massage. Client-centered care is at the heart of the curriculum which provides a foundation of basic and advanced approaches, including Swedish, sports, neuromuscular, myofascial, chair massage, trigger point work and hydrotherapy. In the clinical integration courses, the therapeutic benefits of massage are explored as students learn to apply their skills to both relax clients and address common clinical conditions. The faculty-supervised student Massage Therapy Center provides the opportunity to put theory into practice as the students work on the public. In addition to technique classes, applied science courses are offered to teach students about the structure and function of the body so they can make sound clinical decisions to ensure a safe practice. The professional development courses further prepare students for career success in the diverse employment opportunities waiting for them in the health and wellness industries.
The Cortiva program is designed to train students in the theory and technique of a balanced blend of bodywork modalities while simultaneously developing their skills in active listening, postural assessment and ethical communication as a means to understand and meet the client’s needs within the scope of their practice.The objectives of the program are to:
- Develop the personal and professional potential of students and instill in them a client-centered approach to bodywork.
- Enable students to develop occupational skills for gainful employment in a variety of working environments as professional massage therapists or in related fields offering a quality of service that will be sought after by both clients and employers.
- Prepare students with sufficient training in the theory and technique of massage therapy and bodywork to sit for the Massage & Bodywork Licensing Exam (MBLEx) or other state recognized licensing exam.
- The Professional Massage Therapy program prepares students to work at the entry-level.
Makeup Artistry & Skin Care Program
(600 Clock Hours / 29.5 Quarter Credits)
Day: 27 weeks / 6 months
Evening: 47 weeks / 10.5 months
This program provides combined training in the thriving industries of both makeup artistry and skin care. You will learn the art and science of makeup, while also specializing in the health and beautification of the skin.
The makeup artistry training included in the program will give you a wide range of skills in makeup application, from traditional everyday makeup, to specialty techniques for high fashion, theater and film, as well as events and weddings. In addition, you will learn how to do special effects and body art.
As a perfect complement to makeup artistry, you will also receive comprehensive skin care training. You will learn how to perform a variety of skin treatments, including facials, peels, microdermabrasion and body wraps. You will be trained to use skin care products and equipment, and to identify and work with multiple skin conditions. You will also be taught hair removal, brow shaping and lash application.
To round out your training in make-up artistry and skin care, you will learn about dermatology, esthetics, business, and career development. Upon completion of your training you will be able to create a custom look or treatment for each of your clients that meets their individual needs.
The comprehensive design of the program prepares you to work in the fields of skin care and makeup artistry, or in a related field. Graduates enjoy fulfilling careers in the esthetic and beauty industries working in spas, resorts and salon settings, or as business owners in private practice serving a wide variety of clientele.
- To develop the personal and professional potential of students so they enter the field as Makeup Artists and/or Registered Facial Specialists who offer a quality of service that is sought after by both clients and employers.
- To prepare students with sufficient training in the theory and technique of business, marketing and self-promotion to support their success as both private practitioners and employees.
- To train students in the theory and technique of skin care and hair removal while preparing them to seek gainful employment working as entry-level Registered Facial Specialists or in related fields supported by the training received in school and recognized by the state of Florida. Students are trained to provide a variety of services that include, but are not limited to, facials, waxing, and basic peels.
- To train students in the theory and technique of the essentials of makeup application and lash services while preparing them to obtain gainful employment working as entry-level Makeup Artists or in related fields supported by the training received in school and recognized by the state. Students are trained to perform services that include, but are not limited to, makeup applications for events-weddings, high fashion, camouflage, airbrush, fantasy, theatrical, and body art.
Classes start soon
Continuing education, for mind, body and spirit
Your license is just the beginning: the more you continue to learn, the more you’ll thrive.
Our continuing education programs evolve with industry trends to carry you throughout your career—and help you build the skills you’ll need to expand your practice, and grow your business.
Go Ahead... ask us anything
Cortiva student massages are affordable—and exceptional.
Schedule Your Visit Today
Share your info with us below
(we won’t share it with anyone else).