About Cortiva Fort Lauderdale/Pompano Campus
The mission of the Cortiva Institute is to provide high-quality, comprehensive training programs that prepare graduates for successful careers in massage therapy, skin care, and related health and wellness fields.
Cortiva Institute is committed to the success of its students and graduates. Cortiva Institute offers practical and effective vocational training programs that are designed to produce successful practitioners and support the learning and personal growth of students.
Cortiva Institute is committed to fostering a caring community and creating a safe and challenging classroom environment. Experienced and dedicated faculty provide hands-on training that focuses on the individual needs of each student.
Cortiva Institute believes that students should graduate as experienced practitioners, ready to work. Our programs are both practical and innovative and draw upon the rich history of knowledge and experience of our member schools, as well as current industry trends.
Cortiva Institute is committed to the growth and evolution of massage therapy, skin care, and related fields. Our curriculum is therefore designed not only to enable our students to master established methods, but also to approach their work creatively so that they may contribute to the development of the techniques of the future.
Expert faculty focused on you
Our instructors are second to none: top professionals in their field who make your success their top priority.
Lisa Sterman, LMT
Lisa’s passion for the massage industry is evident in every class she teaches. While her greatest reward is seeing her students flourish in the field, she also encourages them to enjoy the journey.
- Graduate, American Institute of Massage Therapy
- Bachelor’s degree summa cum laude, Education, Florida Atlantic University
- Former private practitioner
- Experience in spas, rehabilitation centers, country and athletic clubs, and community centers
- Member, Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals
Paramedical Skin Care Instructor
Sherry is dedicated to helping her students build profitable, legal and safe skin care practices, starting in the classroom. Well-versed in federal guidelines and state regulations, she has guided students toward careers as estheticians, skin care instructors, spa directors and independent business owners. Sherry’s greatest joy is to see her graduates turn their classroom hopes and dreams into real-world success and prosperity.
- Graduate, University of Bridgeport
- Graduate, Florida College of Natural Health
- Former private practitioner, skin care and image consulting
- Former corporate director of aesthetic training and development
- Former safety and compliance director
- Advanced certifications in medical esthetics, cosmetic chemistry and 18 additional areas
- Industry writer and speaker, including at the International Congress of Esthetics
- Advisory Board Member, National Aesthetic Spa Network and NASNPro
- Member, Associate Skin Care Professionals
- Specialties in chemical peeling, microdermabrasion and safety/liability issues
Go Ahead... ask us anything
Cortiva student massages are affordable—and exceptional.
Schedule Your Visit Today
Share your info with us below
(we won’t share it with anyone else).