Groton Campus Programs
It’s more than learning; it’s a transformative experience—putting you in touch with what’s best in you, and giving you the inspiration and freedom to grow your own way.
Professional Massage Therapy Program
(900 Clock Hours / 45.5 Quarter Credits)
Full Time: 42 weeks / 10 months
Part Time: 62 weeks / 15 months
- This comprehensive massage therapy program prepares students to become successful practicing bodyworkers by giving them a broad knowledge of both therapeutic and clinical techniques. Students learn an eclectic style of therapeutic massage that is based on Swedish theory, which gives them a solid foundation for mastering many different bodywork techniques. They are taught a wide-range of bodywork therapies that includes sports massage, eastern theory, shiatsu and Thai, reflexology, deep tissue, myofascial techniques, neuromuscular assessment and therapy, lymphatic and Russian sports massage, injury techniques, trigger point therapy, and cranial sacral therapy.The program includes courses in anatomy, physiology, pathology and kinesiology, as well as integrative assessment and documentation. Students gain a solid understanding of the body, enabling them to effectively communicate with other health care professionals and create comprehensive treatment programs for their clients. Professional Ethics and Communication are taught through Cortiva Institute’s business and career development classes, along with training in laws and regulations. The program exceeds standards set by most state and municipal governments for licensing.
Classes start soon
Continuing education, for mind, body and spirit
Your license is just the beginning: the more you continue to learn, the more you’ll thrive.
Our continuing education programs evolve with industry trends to carry you throughout your career—and help you build the skills you’ll need to expand your practice, and grow your business.
Expert faculty focused on you
Our instructors are second to none: top professionals in their field who make your success their top priority.
For Julie, continual evolution is a driving passion. She’s put her love for family and nature to work as a draftsman, florist, graphic artist, certified clown, Arabian horse breeder, gardener, family woman —and now, teacher. She enjoys guiding her students as they develop skills in therapeutic touch and advance the profession to its highest standards.
- Teaches techniques and professional development
- Graduate, Cortiva/Connecticut Center for Massage Therapy
- Owner, Elements of the Earth Therapeutic Touch Center
- Volunteer, International Association of Lions Clubs
- Volunteer, Fidelco Guide Dog Association
Tracy is passionate about science and the role that massage can play in advancing human health.
- Graduate, Cortiva/Connecticut Center for Massage Therapy—Groton
- Background in environmental education and management
Julie Shilosky, LMT
Tracy Sullivan, LMT
Department Chair, Health Sciences
Go Ahead... ask us anything
We’re ready to chat when you are.
Schedule Your Visit Today
Share your info with us below
(we won’t share it with anyone else).